Within the Cardano community, we have some very active members. These are people who are recognized as going above and beyond what a normal community member might do, by offering regular, consistent, and positive contributions to the project.
We call these special people the Cardano Ambassadors.
Contributions are recognized by the community in several ways, which are detailed below.
It’s important to note that Ambassador status is something that must be earned. We believe in decentralization, and that a strong community led by those who contribute the most is extremely important.
This is someone who is interested in (or already is) hosting and running regular Cardano meetups. Meetups can be for a technical or non-technical audience, and there are several formats for hosting a Cardano event.
So what do you need to do to become a Meetup Organizer?
- Read through the Cardano Meetup eBook and then contact the Cardano community team here who will help you set up a local group on meetup.com.
- Host at least two Cardano community meetups, both with at least 10 attendees.
- Host a meetup at least every three months.
Current Meetup Organizers
Our moderators are people who love the online world and help maintain an active and safe community. We have several official channels, each delivers information in a different way and some channels are geography-specific.
So, how do you become a moderator?
- You must have a deep understanding of how a particular social media platform works and must be active daily.
- The current moderators for a particular channel must agree that you are a suitable candidate.
- The Cardano community team will review platform metrics, such as your Reddit karma score or Cardano Forum trust level, to ensure you are suitable to take on the responsibility.
This is someone who creates engaging, informative, and insightful content that educates the Cardano community and the wider world about the project. Content can be in a variety of formats, such as videos, forum posts, or podcasts.
So what do you need to do to become a Content Creator?
- Three pieces of content must be produced and published.
- Positive feedback from the community must be achieved. Submit evidence that your content is useful to the community and adds value, such as page views, likes and shares. Trading related content is considered low value.
- At least one piece of content must be shared each month.
Current Content Creators
This is someone who translates content consistently and helps the Cardano project to grow in non-English speaking countries or communities. Translator Ambassadors could, for example, translate blog posts, video transcripts on YouTube, or forum posts.
So, how do you become a Translator?
- Publish translated Cardano content and send into the Cardano community team.
- At least 3,000 words must have been translated in total.
- At least 1,000 words must have been translated in the past month.
Nominating an Ambassador
Nominating a potential Ambassador is easy – just click on the button below and fill out the form. You can nominate yourself or other community members that you believe deserve the recognition. The Cardano community team will review potential and current Ambassadors each month. Remember, the Ambassador status is something that has to be earned.