To use Ada you must download Daedalus. Daedalus is a secure, multi-platform, HD (hierarchical deterministic) wallet for the Ada cryptocurrency. Install Daedalus on your computer and open the application. Watch the Daedalus tutorial video if you require help to set up your digital wallet: Now you can send and receive Ada, and view a history of the transactions you have made. For more information about Ada transactions that have taken place and about the Cardano blockchain itself, you can use the Cardano Block Explorer. This specially built tool can be used to search for transactions. You can also see information about the state of blockchain, for example about its slots and epochs. Beyond being used to send and receive Ada, the Daedalus wallet has many special features, which make it easy to use and give you a high degree of confidence about its security. These include:
- Encrypted private keys and spending passwords, offering protection against security threats such as malware.
- Wallets can be exported to paper certificates, giving the maximum security option of placing funds in cold storage.
- Ada redemption is built directly into Daedalus and supports encrypted and unencrypted redemption certificates.
- Configurable transaction assurance level monitoring, allowing users to be sure when transactions become irreversible.
- Ethereum Classic and Bitcoin support.
- A mobile wallet for Android and iOS.
- Staking, which enables Ada holders to participate in the block generation process, and earn more of the currency.
- An application store with community-built applications and support for virtually any cryptocurrency.